1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

walk behind blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snap12.5, Nov 24, 2004.

1. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

i am interested in finding a self propelled walk behind blower. my little wonder is too heavy to push up some of these hills. i have seen some billy goats being used around here but cant find a place that sells them. any ideas on where i can get one and pricing??? does little wonder sell self propelled blowers?
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

you could get the blower caddie from JRCO
  3. snap12.5

from Ohio

ive seen those JRCOs but id like to upgrade my horsepower along with having a self prop feature. i think billy goat has some self prop 20hp blowers but dont know anyone that sells them
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

are you sure its not the vaccums you are thinking about instead of the blowers?
  5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Lesco did make 16hp V-twin powered hydro drive walk behind self propelled leaf blowers. I am not sure that they make them anymore, i beleive there was talk of discontinuing that model. Talk to Rob1325 (think thats his name) on here, he has like 3 of them! They were around $3,000 i beleive he said.
  6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

There's a 16hp Giant Vac on ebay right now. I wouldn't mind having one myself, but they are too pricey for me.
    I did e-mail the seller to inquire about forward and reverse speeds out of curiosity. Didn't here back yet. But it would have to be a decent speed, especially the reverse. My Snapper hydro mower is very slow in reverse. I'd get annoyed if the blower was that slow, because you do a lot of back and forth with a blower. It would need to be quick both ways.
  7. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Lesco Self Propelled as Frankenscag stated. Also, what he said is true. I had same problem as you. I have back problems and just could not do it anymore. They get into everywhere and are great for me. You don't get tired at end of the day. Also employees love them. I highly recommend them. My dealer told me they are discontinuing them. He has three left in his showroom though.

8. snap12.5

from Ohio

thanks for the replies. i am curious as to how many horsepower are actually devoted to powering the wheels and how many horses actually are for the power of the blower. if a lesco is 16hp, then the fan isnt actually powered by all 16hp, right??? i wonder why lesco is discontinuing these blowers.
  9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

If you run a Walker mower, look into a Buffalo Turbine blower. They are a bit pricey but can move a ton of leaves very fast.It has cut my time in half on many properties.

10. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

The 16 hp self propelled giant vac is a dog I use to use one dam thing would be awesome if it were twice the speed. The way it was set up you could increase the speed but it cost you the reverse speed of vice versa so you either had slow walk speeds or a jog one way and a crawl the other way. Thing also wieghed about 500 pounds and you had to man handle it to turn.