walk behind boom

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by soutwestlawns, Aug 17, 2006.

1. soutwestlawns

soutwestlawns LawnSite Member

has anyone used awalk behind boom sprayer,if so give me some feedback if they are worth using, the one i am looking at sprays 60 unches wide. cost is 350.00 thanks
  2. yardprospraying

yardprospraying LawnSite Member

The one we use is a prolawnsprayshield, model esc52. It is battery powered and has an eight gal. tank. The nice thing about it is you can spray on windy days, which in OK is about every day.

What model are you looking at?
  3. soutwestlawns

soutwestlawns LawnSite Member

tell me where you found the prolawn spray shield i might be interested my email. jjjlewis50@aol.com tanks jim lewis,elgin,ok
  4. yardprospraying

yardprospraying LawnSite Member

I just sent you an e-mail, good luck on sprayer info. We see a lot of guys using some homemade walk behinds that look pretty interesting (generic). The only problem is they cant get into tight spots with them.These shielded sprayers are becoming more popular in our area because of wind issues. They are very nice sprayers, but can be kind of bulky. We do 75% of our yards with hand gun. But they are very nice for summer apps. of drive 75, certainty, and msma for grassy weed problems.

5. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

I also use the prolawn sprayers.. they do a great job, but I also have to use a backpack sprayer for the tight spots, and along walls.. you could prolly rig a spray wand though :)
  6. AlpineNaturescapes

AlpineNaturescapes LawnSite Member

What is the model of the $350 sprayer you are considering? I bought the Demco, and am looking at changing the nozzles for postemergents to get a little better spray distribution. Other than that, it is a handy little sprayer. I find it faster than using the hose for typical residential lawns.