1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walk behind coverup

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mrossirr, Mar 20, 2004.

1. mrossirr

mrossirr LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any experience with one of these machines: Mccullough 1000 series walk behind coverup .
  2. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used it before. I personally didn't like it. I made my onw version of a cover up tool. Do you use a dingo?
  3. mrossirr

mrossirr LawnSite Member

No I do not use a dingo - If I may ask what did you not like about the coverup ?
  4. Mark B

I'm sorry I just reread your post. You were asking about a walkbehind model. I used one for my dingo. I had a hard time keeping the unit level and no digging into the ground. When it did work it was fine. But I made my own coverup gizmo.
  5. spray-head-dave

spray-head-dave LawnSite Member

Hey Sleepyhead, I have a dingo and I am looking for something to use for ditch repair. Can you give us more details of your machine or even a picture?

6. Mark B

Sure will shoot me an email. I will get the picture and I will send ya one. Hows dat?? :D
  7. pokemon

pokemon LawnSite Member

Hey sleepyhead,

I am also looking into a gizmo that will for trench cover up because I am into irrigation can you send me a picture also
  8. Mark B

To be honest I haven't sent Dave a picture yet. I will try to get some pictures of it real soon. BUt I will get you a picture of it.
  9. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

For smaller jobs or areas were larger equipment is not workable I have used a small 2 cycle garden cultivator. They are super lightweight and you basically just pull them back towards you it really works well and you can "flip" the thing to either side of the trench. I have watched the coverup video and it looked good but I wonder how effective it would be if the dirt was kind of spread out and smashed down?
  10. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Ok I have to ask, what is a walk behind cover up ?