walk behind exmark stripper, and nothing else!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sailinstud420, May 15, 2006.

1. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to hear some feedback on the stripe kit that exmark makes for their wb's. Do they seem to make a difference? Do you get them hung up on your trailer, climbing curbs? etc... Is the wb stripper the same as the one that they make for the ztr'r or not? How big of diameter is the roller?

Please do not start frivilous arguments on why to stripe, or how your homemade stripper works better, or that the one on your ztr works really good, blah blah blah. I want specific feedback on wb strippers only!! If you have one on your wb could you snap a few pics of how it mounts up? Maybe a few pics of some stuff you cut too, but dont photoshop em all and fix em up.

2. sailinstud420

did i say stripper? I think i meant striper? i think I am stupid, how do you spell it?

3. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 60" turf tracer and the striping roller is great. I ordered it with the machine and it now has 550hrs on it. The roller is exactly the same as the ztr version except shorter. It fits between the tires. It acts as a great anti scalp roller and has never hung up on anything. Now like all rollers they are a little clanky if you run over curbs or tree roots but the glide over with ease. One thing to be aware of on the wb. Since you can't raise the deck when transporting the roller tends to hit every little rock in the road when set a 3" or below. Gets a little noisy.

4. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

striper
    a stripper takes her clothes off for money :laugh:

5. out till dark

out till dark LawnSite Member

I'm pretty good friends with the mechanic for my dealer. He told me that the bearing that WILL go bad in the striper are 100 bucks and the striper is 250.So I went for th Big Leagues checkmate and im very happy with it.

6. sailinstud420

isn't it just a sealed teflon bearing or is it a cone bearing? Sealed bearings can usually be obtained if you look in the right places, it prob save you a few bucks compared to buying one from the dealer. What diameter is the roller, approximately? is it wieghted at all?

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I got one because I was in too much of a rush to bother taking time to build another to fit the eXmark. With that said, otherwise I never would have paid that much (nuts) and after the fact, no friggin way would I do it again.

Yes it works fine and yes the stripes look great with it. But a roller is a roller and anything the same diameter and in the same position will do just as well. No sense wasting all that money on something you can build better and more "machine friendly" yourself one saturday or sunday for 10% of the cost or less.

Let me know if you are interested...

8. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

Call York Metal Products (they also make a OCDC called The Director) at 1-800-818-4918 or see them at www.yorksheet.com

York Metal Products use to make the striper kit for Exmark. Exmark was very loyal to them until Toro bought Exmark. Toro decided that since the striper kit was not patentable, that they would manufacture the same kit and cut off York Metal Products.

I would buy from these guys before I would let Toro have my money.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I think I would mount a piece of angle iron and dangle some chains. hey only have to go as wide as the inside of the tire tracks.

10. sailinstud420

i want to make a roller, i dont want chains dangling around. Can someone get me some specs on the roller size? What kind of bearing is it?

I was thinking of just giong to the hardware store and getting some sealed teflon bearings... Any idiot can make one of these, get me some specs on it please!!

Envy have you done this?