Walk Behind Hydro Problems

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by cmcfalls, May 15, 2006.

1. cmcfalls

cmcfalls LawnSite Member

Wanted to know if any one has any ideas on how to fix hydro problems. Have a lesco walk behind and sometimes the hydro will work, sometimes it wont. All the lines seem fine, no leaks and cant see where any air is being sucked in to the system. Any trouble shooting advice would be great

thanks chuck
    C&M Landscaping

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

1) have you checked the hydro tank for fluid?

2) have you checked the hydro by pass valves for closure?

3) is this mower new to you?

GEO :confused:

3. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

what do you mean sometimes they do not work? Is fluid pumping? or just no ground speed?

4. cmcfalls

cmcfalls LawnSite Member

fluid is full even changed fluid and filter, valves closed, what i mean is sometimes you can mow a yard then all the sudden on another yard the wheels stop turning and you have to tow it back onto the trailer, cant figure this one out

5. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

this is just a guess. There is debris of some sort in system and gets moving around and eventually clogs system. Maybe flush system and see from there.

6. Jcs Lawn and Landscape

Jcs Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Member

i have the same problem with my lesco ztr it is also brand new... the only way it will get working again is if you push it so the wheel turns then it starts to respond again i gotta get this thing fixed

7. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

It could be a bad pump. Take it in to Lesco and have them take a look at it. I had a mower that used to do it and the pump was shot on it.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I guess you jacked it up and ran it to get the air out after changing the fluid and you filled the filter before you put it on. Check the belt tension on the pumps and oil the linkage for forward/reverse.

9. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Does your wb have two seperate pumps and motors?

10. cmcfalls

cmcfalls LawnSite Member

filled filter, jacked and ran for 30 min and if i do this again it will run fine for a lawn then crap out again, i will try to flush system with something, i thought pump was bad also but cant understand why it will work fine on one lawn then tow it out of another. i will also replace o rings this time when i flush it. what can you flush pumps with so you dont mess them up