Walk behind or residential ZTR???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLEANCUT007, May 3, 2008.

1. CLEANCUT007

CLEANCUT007 LawnSite Member

Which would you guys choose?
    My situation is that I have some commercial and some residential lawns. I work nights on Fri, Sat, & Sun so I mow half a day on Mon, all day Tues, family time on Wed "which lately I have been working half a day on", all day Thurs, and half on Fri.

Reasons for wanting to add equipment are:

1.I have all I can do alone right now and still keep the weekend gig which is a good one and want to keep growing.

2.Wanting to hire someone to help a couple days a week and only have a 52" ztr and a 21" push to mow with.

3.Have had to turn down some residential business because my 52" wouldn't fit through gates.

4.Have 1 property that I do that have some steep banks that the walk behind would be benificial for.

5.I am trying to get it down to where I can spend Wed with my wife and 2 young sons or at least leave that day open for a rain day...

A 36" or 42" residential ztr would be cheaper and would be more appealing to anyone I hired but I am thinking that a good new 36" walk behind would be more versitile and probably last longer. I would appreciate any thoughts..

2. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

If you go with a 36" go with a hydro! also you will always use it and they are much desired used! If you are in springfield go see the Encore dealer and talk to alex he will set you in the right direction!

3. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

On the hydro walk go with a dual drive not a single!

4. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

you might want to look into a 48" walk behind they arent that much more money and alot more cut for the money

5. CLEANCUT007

CLEANCUT007 LawnSite Member

Where is alex located? How do i get in touch with him?