Walk Behind Plows. What do you use?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by GreatWhiteNorth, Feb 25, 2008.

1. GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth LawnSite Member

We are in the market for a new walk behind plow. Have used 100sx ditch witch for years. We recently came across some info on a "Lineward" plow. It looks very interesting. Seems to have a larger pull capacity than our 100sx. Has anyone had experience with "linewards" good or bad ???? What would you say is the perfect small plow? Thanks.:canadaflag:

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Mount this 42"-wide blade to your DR field and brush mower and you’re ready to tackle winter’s worst weather. With the pushing power of your machine, you can quickly plow snow from driveways and sidewalks. Adjustable skid shoes set the blade low to clear hard surfaces or high to avoid picking up stones on gravel surfaces.
    42" Snow plow attachment
    Only $305.15

6fee_1.jpg

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure that rig can pull poly pipe, though.

4. Dennis Spencer

Dennis Spencer LawnSite Member

Always wondered why they call that plowing.:laugh:

5. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i know a guy that has used the lineward and said it was a beast. pulled thru anything. thats all i know.

6. mikeny

mikeny LawnSite Member

We use a line ward (doesn't push snow very well), good lil machine in sand. Most of all it just wont tear up turf. Stones are rough on it and if you are in clay 200' can be enough to pull. I bought it mostly due to the fact it was a fraction the price of a sneaker, I like the fact thats its light, turns on a dime and runs on tracks. We buy parts direct and they can be beat for customer service, if you pull on sand of most any ground that isn't full of stone I would say go for it.

7. GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth LawnSite Member

How has it been for maintenance? I understand it will pull up to a 11/2" pipe. Is that true. We have always just trenched the big pipe.

8. mikeny

mikeny LawnSite Member

Very simple to work on, we have had mostly wear issues parts are reasonable and readily available. It will pull 1.5" just if you are in a heavy soil like clay the pipe to ground friction becomes an issue and you will spin. I feel a 200' pull isn't bad and most of the time we work in sand and can pull 300' with out a problem so long as there isn't a lot of turns

9. Ferti-man

Ferti-man LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sorry, I thought I was in the Irrigation forum, not the snow and ice forum. My mistake! But wait a minute... :dizzy: