Walk Behind Power Rake

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Idealtim, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Does any one own a small walk behind power rake? I just got this months issue of turf and saw the two or three ads for these things and it finally hit me, this might be a really good machine for me! Since I do not own anything with a three point attachment, nor do I have a need for one, but still do the occasional lawn installation, usually renting the equipment or just with hand tools, these units just started to make sense. Any one use these, know anything about them, pricetag.http://www.preseeder.com

Kinda is like a mini self propelled harley rake.
  2. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

I was quoted $5475 for one of these about 6 months ago. Freight to my place would have added another $1200 to the price tag.

It does look like a mini harley landscape rake. From the adds it also appears to be able to use several other attachments. I sold off all my larger equipment about 10 years ago but think I will look to invest in one of these as I can stick it on the trailer and it will get in all the backyards I renovate, making it very handy indeed.
  3. NJLAWN#1

NJLAWN#1 LawnSite Member

Purchased preseeder in march 06. It is a great machine. We use it to turn over soil prior to sod installation and then for renovations this fall. Running the machine is not any easy task but the results are great. The preseeder paid for itself within a couple of weeks. Depending on condition we charge 100+ per 1000sqft. just to turn over soil
  4. BenFPR

BenFPR LawnSite Member

How does it compare to the performance of a larger harley rake on a large skid-steer or mini-skid steer?
  5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

What does the drum look like? carbide teeth? I don't know why these companies don't show a picture of the most important part of the machine.
  6. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I noticed it also doesn't have wings like the harley box rake style.