1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walk Behind tie downs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jakescapes, Mar 15, 2008.

1. jakescapes

jakescapes LawnSite Member

How are other people tying down there walk behind mowers? I have a
    Gravely 36 walk behind and it wants to creep side to side in the trailer. I have been using a ratchet strap from the trailer sides to the handles and it works ok. My front wheels stick out different lengths and that causes the creeping problem.
  2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Try Fastraps.
  3. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

BNR LAWN SERVICES LawnSite Member

I have a scag 36 that I use the Pro Locker on. It locks to front caster wheel and keeps mower in place. It uses up some space on trailer floor though. I got mine at my lesco dealer. I like it.
  5. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

ditto his ditto. one will work just fine on a WB. It ain't going anywhere.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

If it is a gear drive just leave it in gear and it wont go anywhere unless your going off roading with your trailer.
  7. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Got fast straps on my Quick 36...too
  8. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

No, definitely tie it down... what if you get in an accident? I just got a set of fastraps and they are awesome.
  9. herberg

herberg LawnSite Member

just got one for my 36" exmark wb - best part is that ifyou want to take it off - pull a pin and you've got a relatively smoth floor in the trailer. also came with two sets of mounting brackets, so if you want to be able to configure your trailer for different routes and machines - you can do it at no extra cost. got mine at my dealer for $90 on sale from $120
  10. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Another vote for Fastraps here.