1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walk behind trench backfiller

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by YLC1, Jan 12, 2002.

1. YLC1

YLC1 LawnSite Member

Wondering if anyone had any information on a walk behind trench backfiller?I have seen an advertisement in one of the trade magazines awhile back and now can't find it. The unit I am interested in has an auger to pull the dirt back to the center. I did a search on this with no results. Thanks for any info. Richard

2. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not familiar with what your speaking of. Some guys use a 2 wheel Gravely tractor with a blade.

3. YLC1

YLC1 LawnSite Member

Thanks Harold.The unit I am trying to find out about was advertised in Lawn and Landscape or Turf Magazine.But now I can't find it.Thanks anyway.Richard

4. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi YLC1,

[​IMG]

Here is a link to this machine.

"Burkeen is the only trencher manufacturer to offer a Backfill Blade on a walk-behind trencher!"...from their site

6. shaper

shaper LawnSite Member

We own a Vermeer that was built in the early 90's, I don't think they currently make one. We only use it occasionaly as most of our trench work is on a much larger scale.b It does do a decent job.

7. chemtech

chemtech LawnSite Member

I put the $600.00 dozer blade on my grasshopper 725 mower and backfill with it. Heck of a lot easier than hand tools or big machines.

Well worth $600.00