Walk behind trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stinchcomb Lawn, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Stinchcomb Lawn

Stinchcomb Lawn LawnSite Member

Does anyone use these? I have some large areas and we all get tired of holding the trimmer for 1/2 mile. I was looking at Lowes they have one for 379.00 with a 6 hp briggs. It uses .155 string and looks well built. I also noticed that DR as some. Please let me know what you think are they worth it or not, how do they perform and whic one do you have. Thanks

2. AAXteriors

AAXteriors LawnSite Member

I have used a craftsman WB trimmer. It was heavy and you have to push down on the bars to keep the string from hitting the ground. Also you cant really trim slops easily or safely. I would take my shindy anyday.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You will be okay.....I can trim that much at one stop. We also have an new big account that is longer than the one you described. I looked at installing a mounted edger o my Walker but after doing the job a couple times...it ain't that bad. It is mind over matter. We also looked at using a stick edger but considering I would have still had to use the trimmer on certain areas it simply took too long.

4. Stinchcomb Lawn

Stinchcomb Lawn LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input, shortly after my post I went to Lowes and bought the one they had. Tomorrow I have to finish a large job we started and will see how well it works. I will let everyone know Thanks again !