1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

walk behind vacume

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by affordableyardcare, Apr 11, 2004.

1. affordableyardcare

affordableyardcare LawnSite Member

Do any of you guys use walk behind lawn vacumes if so which are the best?
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

They are a waste of time. Do a search, and see what everyone that owns them says.
  3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I second that. I own a $900 Billy Goat brand. What a waste of money that was.
  4. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I know they are worthless for leaves, but what about parking lots for picking up dirt and cigarette buts? I've got some commercial accounts that could use this service but not big enough for a truck mounted unit.
  5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

That they will work good for. Evan leaves off the parking lot will work, but not in grass.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

A backpack, broom, and a tarp or flat shovel and bucket are faster, and you don't eat half as much dust, either.
  7. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a older billy goat, it's ok for the parking lots, I use it only in the spring, but I also get someone else to run it, as you eat dust like crazy !!!
  8. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

9. affordableyardcare

affordableyardcare LawnSite Member

Thanks guys i guess that awnsers my question, No walkbehind vacume.
  10. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I guess if you can pick one up dirt cheap (like I did) it might be worth it to have around for that odd job. But for the most part my old goat sits in the shed and gathers dust and only comes out about 4 or 5 times a year.