walk behind versuses best riders

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GREEMACHINE2003, Mar 16, 2003.

1. GREEMACHINE2003

GREEMACHINE2003 LawnSite Member

I was considering a top of the line 48" rider mower as opposed to a walk behind. your thoughts please...PS- this site is totally absolutely positively a God send!!!!!!!:angel:

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

It All Depends On Your terrain. But I Can Get As Low In The Seat Of The full size Lazer To Match the Height Of The Turf tracer, Not HP. So If you Can Do All your accounts With a Rider It's Better. Try To Carry Only One Mower If You Are a solo Opp.

John.

View attachment img_0429 resized.jpg

3. R.J's lawn Care

R.J's lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from mid

i use walk behinds I would say that you woul onley need a rider for big lawns i do 55 lawns with a 48 and 60 both exmarks

4. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

why carry only one mower :confused: I'm solo and carry 3 as of now was 4 last year. one for every situation 36" gates to large commercial property's.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Harry to me The 2002 And up Lazers are The same Size As The walks. I Can get as Low as a TT. But the riders are faster For There reasons. I Don't Do gated yards Or yards that I Need a walk. If You are By Your self It takes To Long to change Mowers for 25 Or 30 dollars. Think About It. |John.