walk behind zero turn

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Anita Bower, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Anita Bower

Anita Bower LawnSite Member

A zero turn walk behind would meet our needs and budget. However, the hand controls seem quite stiff. I fear it will be difficult for me--5"2", 115 lbs.--and my teen age son to use. Are we correct in our fears? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Anita

2. CWG

CWG LawnSite Member

At the end of a long day they do get tiresome, more often than not I just muscle it around-vs. using the brakes.
    What size were you after?
    Sears/gardenway/toro make some excellent 33" WB's. Not as wide as the big ones but they really cut grass. They are real easy to move around/start/maintain.

3. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

the faster your throttle position is the further out the hand grips go and thus more cumbersome to operate. Keep the speed right and you will get use to it like anything else. If you're doing your own yard then you aren't operating all day so you should be fine.

4. WINGNUT

WINGNUT LawnSite Member

Have you tried Hustler's T-Bar? It's just like riding a motorcycle. Can be a little expensive, but you get what you pay for.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Hi Anita Happy Spring

If you are talking about a Commercial Belt type Zero turn, You might be in the 2300 to 2500 Dollar range. If i may suggest you might want to look at Home Owners Zero turn Riders at about 3,000. You can find them all around.

If not please give us more info on what type of mower OR what price range.

John