walk behind?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by farmerkev, Mar 25, 2014.

1. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

While it may be rare its certainly possible. No concerns, however, with a floating deck.

And a stalactite hangs from the top of a cave. Your formula for cutting those with a 36" fixed deck wb should be interesting.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Stalagmites peak upwards. Stalactites = hang 'tight'.

3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

thats how rare it is to scalp with a 36"…but I wouldn't expect you to be smart enough to catch the reference without reams of text to explain it all.

4. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm just waiting for the formula on how to do it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. farmerkev

farmerkev LawnSite Member

Love it!!! Still remember learning that way to remember the differnece in school 10 years ago!

Anyway... back to mowers... I dont want to spend the $3,000 on a commercial grade mower, I dont even think I could earn that much back in a summer. I want to keep it around the $1000 range. Im gonna look into the Toro TimeMaster/TurfMaster ideas a little more.

6. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy a used commercial. If you spend 1000 on a non commercial mower you'll regret it, a beat to hell bobcat 48" will last longer than a new big box piece of trash
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

What this guy said.

Buy a used commercial. It will be a belt drive at that price, but still better than a non commercial grade.

8. farmerkev

farmerkev LawnSite Member

Whats the deal with Stealth mowers? Ive seen a very small number of em on here, but theres a few on craigslist by me. Worth looking into, or is it just worth forgetting about?

9. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Not too many favorable reports about Chinese mowers here on LS. Getting parts for them would be an adventure...not sure who would do any actual servicing either.
    :usflag:

10. Townhouse Yards

Townhouse Yards LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA