Walk behinds--SCAG-Husqvarna-exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rross, Oct 9, 2002.

1. rross

rross LawnSite Member

Which of the walk behinds(help me out, I am from Northern VA) would u prefer and y?? And please add some extra info as to why if possible,,...thanks pro's!!!:blob3: :blob4: :blob1:

2. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Try a Hustler......Simple.......Once you try one no one will have to explain why it's better........
    Pete

3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Once you decide on a WB - Demo them all - Find one that fits you, then visit the Flex-Deck Sponsor forum for pics of the Flex-Deck on a WB - It makes a WB into something pretty special as to trimming and contour mowing, and increasing production:

Thanks, Brad[​IMG]

36x-between stones-siefken-72dpi.jpg

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Hey Flex-Deck,

Is that you that blows all that grass on my Grandpa's tombstone?
    I bet you've heard that one before.

MATT

5. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Rross
    What type of WB you looking for? Hydro, belt? Whats your price range, and also the types of lawns your looking at using it with. Also use the search button on the site, their is tons of information on this site reguarding WB's.
    I have a Scag 52inch Advantage fixed deck with at 17Kaw on it with a Jungle Jim velkie. Its a hydro, i love it and how its so easy to use once you get the hang of driving one. The thing stripes beautifully, and so far no engine or hydro problems, and from reading things about Scag WB's they are one of the best that have very few hydro problems or engine problems on the WB's.
    So i would take a look at Scag and demo one.
    Bought mine for $5200
    Matt

6. tailoredlook

tailoredlook LawnSite Member

I've run x-mark don't like the traction on hills, ran a bunton just too bulky then switched to scag. Scag simply the best.

7. rross

rross LawnSite Member

This will be for residential yards, I like the idea of mulching, so I'll be mulching with it, most of the yards are smaller, like a 1/4 acre or so, with some trees and some tight spots so I figure on a 36 -46 inch mower, gear or hydro better, I have a large hrdo ZTH 6125 from husqvarna now, awesome mower, likes to scalp the grass though, but if you get use to it, and can control it, its wonderful.

Rod:dizzy:

8. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I guess Hoss is too busy at the moment to chime in, so I'll say it for him..."Once you go Red, you never go back !!!" :D

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I like Exmark. They mulch very well and are built to last as many commercial units are. It really comes down to what you like and works best for your operation. Dealer support is a big issue as well. Demo them before you buy. I like hydro over belt, but hydros are more expensive. I won't get into details between the two. Apparently to some people, I know nothing, so I won't say anything. I paid $4800 for an Exmark Turf Tracer 36" demo unit with 10 hours, Jungle wheels, and mulch kit. Good luck!

10. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Scag48
    I think its time you change your name then, buying Exmark, and your name says Scag somethings wrong there :p
    Just like tailoredlook said "Simply the Best" Scag.
    Matt