walk behinds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dgram8, Nov 26, 2003.

1. dgram8

dgram8 LawnSite Member

have JD walkbehinds was looking at buying snappers , hustlers
    have jd and snapper dealers with service , hustler has little or no service

2. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

uhhhh..........???

3. workaholic

workaholic LawnSite Senior Member

Stay with J.D I can honestly tell u i used a j.d walkbehind for 9 years the only parts i replaced was drive belts. tank proof

4. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

Is that just your dealer in particular? You need to post this on the Hustler forum. And let Hustler deal with them.
    I have a Hustler SWB and couldn’t be more pleased with it. But I have a great dealer who appreciates my business. I will not
    (by choice) buy from a dealer that will not take care of me after the sale. Been down that road.
    Just my .02
    Jeff

5. dgram8

dgram8 LawnSite Member

the place that sells hustler is a equipment rental store locally owned , favor J D because I was a JD mechanic , was asking anybody's opinion because I want to give my customers the best cut. This is not my source of income more of a enjoyment.

6. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I am very pleased with the cut on my Hustler SWB. Of course I have it setup the way I want. I run doubles on it about all the time. It has a 25 H.P. Kaw on it so I have plenty of power to pull my Bullrider. (Or equivalent) Which is a must for this machine.
    If you’re in this for the enjoyment, then you will love the controls on the Hustler.
    The H-bar is by far the best design in the market. Exmark and Scag’s have a loyal Following, and from the post I have read they also cut great. But they don’t have the H-bar! Get your dealer to put doubles on a SWB. And judge for yourself.
    Another selling point for Hustler and Exmark is that they are on this site and are very helpful when you need advise now.
    Just my .02
    Jeff

7. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

It's too bad your Hustler dealer isn't up to par with the service you want. I have the Hustler 48" SWB. It is an amazing machine. Lawn looks like carpet when I'm finished cutting. The controls are so instinctive, especially with the sulky. I still surprise myself haw easy it is. I have been running power equipment for years. From tractors to loaders to skid steers to mowers and this was the fastest that a machine has become an extension of myself. You should at least try ot get a demo of a Hustler even if you have to go to another town. And ask for a demo WITH a bull rider on it.