1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walk In Another LCO Shoes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rhett, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Do to an acquittance of mine losing his helper to an operation and himself blowing out a knee I am helping out with a few of his properties. What an education. First of I am about 15% below his prices. Second is I do not know how he does it but his clients are so laid back. I believe my level of service is equal or even a little above, but don't we all. First property a home owner came out and offered me a beer at 1000hrs. No I didn't take him up. Second one came out in a night shirt to tell me about a buried dog fence in nothing but a night shirt. It was cold this morning and she must of been freezing. Third one was a Church. When I figured up the revenue I would of grossed on the properties it approached 50 an hour which in this neck of the woods would be alrighty. Even though it was free work I believe it was worth it for the pricing and the view. Any one else evere done this?
  2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Haven't ever had the chance to do this, but I am LOL !!!

3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep Still thinking about the view :blush:
  4. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

I helped out a few gardeners after working a couple years, I learned alot and got some #s out of them. I wasnt charging enough and my cutomers were pains in the rear.
    Something I learned is to price your self a little above the market. This weeds out the cheap aaaaa people and helps find the lay back customers. People who dont get several bids and just say ok to your price are the ones you want. Let the others go find the cheapest bid.