walk or ride

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsaunders, Mar 16, 2002.

1. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

velkies allow you to do more without gettting so tired but they leave there marks in the grass. I have always just walked but I doubled my customer list this winter and was wondering how you or your customers felt about the velkies.

2. millsmowing

millsmowing LawnSite Member

What lines? My velke doesn't leave any.

3. linky

linky LawnSite Member

Get a two wheeled velkie. I have never seen any marks left by it and when i get home i have alot of energy left from not walking.

4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

With a velke, you can more than double your productivity...we have them on every one of our WB's.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The 2 wheeled type will follow the tires on the mower. No lines.

Yes, a sulky will easliy double your productivity and leave you with energy at the end of the day.

7. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

I use a velke and think it makes a tramendus difference considering i have one without and was also wondering about the new proslide and if that made a difference? i am gooing to buy one to check it out cause the one wheeled velke does leave a mark. What are your guys feelings is it worth it (the Proslide)? or have you guys even seen it?

8. Pro-Slide = can't use on hard surfaces.

2 wheeled velke will leave a line just inside your tire lines, you can hardly see it.

[​IMG]

POP QUIZ!!!

I am having trouble seeing Velke lines in the below picture can you see them?

lawnpicsil1.jpg

9. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

Lawn Godfather what do you mean you can't use the proslide on hard surfaces? do you mean pavement or some kinds of grass just don't want to waste $300 on it if it doesn't work
    Thanks AK Lawn

10. Well you have to hop off to back up.

You have to walk on all pavment.

Velke you almost never have to get off.