walkbehind leaf blower brigs engine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Aug 29, 2004.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at buying a walkbehind leaf blower for the fall to have in addition to my eb630. I saw one in the paper for $475 with a 8hp brigs. The guy couldn't find what brand it was though. Nor could he tell me how old it was. How many hours can you normaly get on a brigs engine on a blower? I was thinking maybe offering like $300 or something.

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Depends on maintenance.

3. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

I just bought a used little wonder 8HP briggs industrial/commercial for $350. I think it's about 8 years old. Runs strong but I will have it tuned up before leaf season anyway. Make sure you go and check out the machine, start it & let it run for about 5-7 min & test the throttle response. If it's older then chances are that it's a little wonder because that was the only company around that made push blowers.

4. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

i have two that my pop used to use when he did lawns both machines are twenty years old and are still in use.

5. Green Care

Green Care LawnSite Senior Member

Got a used one 3yers ago she still kicks.

6. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know how to identify the year of a little wonder blower by the code # or serial # or any of those on a blower?

7. printer88

printer88 LawnSite Member

I had an old (atleast 15 yrs.} Toro push blower that had a briggs engine.The engine was very strong.But it was just very ergonomically incorrect.In other words it was a pain to use!