walkbehind mower question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Masters, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I just finished reading the October Turf magazine, and noticed Billy Goat makes a 33" wb mower. has anyone tried it and does anyone have any opinions on it? I'm curious to know from anyone who might own one if it performs well or not.
  2. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I can only say that for the past six years I have only bought Toros. I have had no problems with any. This probably does not help you with the Billy Goat question.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Pull start a joke gear drive ha,i am a believer in billy goat but this mower not for me try the simplicity pacer we bought this mower this year cut was great.
  4. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I really dont mind geardrive, if it gets the job done, I'll use it. Recoil isnt bad either, I call it muscle building, which I need more of anyways.
  5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

One of our dealers had one. I tried it on their cut patch as we call it. a weed field about 100x35. It was ok but would rather spend a little more on a hydro and thicker deck mower. controls were rather cumbersom but I guess you would get used to that. For the price though I probably would spend my money on either a toro tbar quick 36 or exmark metro.
    There was a few areas that I think really needed designed due to looking weak for commercial use.