walkbehind or backpack leaf blowers??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by born2farm, Jun 22, 2008.

1. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok heres my question. Im stuck at the point where I am going to need a new blower before this fall. Im looking at a 8hp Little Wonder WB blower and then picking up a small hand held for blowing out beds and then grass clippings on the mowing route. Would this be a better direction to go then say getting the BR600 for year round use. I have ran the Little Wonder blower before and know it will knock out a large yard quick. Input?

Thanks

2. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

NO!!!

Get the br600

3. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

BP's are a must have. WB if you can afford both.

4. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I have both. although the backpack gets more use. For larger yards i like the WB..............:usflag:

5. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

BP first then when you have enough $ get the walk behind. A BP is a must even if you have a WB.

6. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

back pack then get a walk behind for the big yards

7. William Jones

William Jones LawnSite Member

I agree. A back pack first. If you can afford a walk-behind, go for it. It's like having 3-4 guys with bp and saves a ton of time on large lawns and parking lots. It's worth it's money in weight. WB blowers is a bonus.

8. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto what the guys are saying. Backpack blower is an essential.

9. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

ok thanks guys. im bidding on a real nice little wonder blower locally that i can get dirt cheap so ill probably get that and a backpack.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Small backpack for lawn mowing and big 13hp WB for cleaning up parking lot and moving significant amount of leaves. Don't bother with 8hp WB..