Walkbehind prices?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wanabe, Jul 19, 2006.

1. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Has anyone recently purchased a ExMark or Snapper 48" hydro floating deck walkbehind? Just looking for some ballpark figures on pricing. Thanks!

2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

got a tthp last spring for 5099

i believe they are selling for 5599 now + tax

this sport aint cheap

3. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

the tthp 48" floater with 17hp electric start

why what should i have paid?

4. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I don't know I looked at a 60 with a 23 kawie and they wanted 6899 for it.

5. robby

robby LawnSite Member

I think your price paid is about right. I bought the same model last summer, but it was a demo. I think I recall the new one was close to $5,000. I paid $4,000 for the demo which supposedly had less than 100 hours on it. So far its been a good mower.

6. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

The Snapper is a bit cheaper, but I don't think you can get em with an electric start anymore. Let me know if I'm wrong.

7. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought 2 exmark turftracers a month ago,pull start 17 horse kawasaki with floating decks, 5199 each. they are about 100 hours in right now, and my guys love 'em. They are 1 smooth mower with a nice cut.

8. mowpart rep

mowpart rep Sponsor

I sell the 48" 17HP Kawasaki electric start for $4,500. FOB Dallas Texas.
    Russell

9. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

So you can still get electric start on a 48" Snapper? According to their web site you can't. Those are great mowers for that price!

10. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

At the beginning of this season I bought a new Snapper Pro Hydro 48" with the accutrack, and absoutly love it. I recently picked up several contracts all in the same housing development, and 9 of them have fences with 40" gates, so I went and got another Pro Hydro, but this one has a 36" deck. Both units are bullet proof. Next season I intend on getting another Pro Hydro with a 52" deck. These units are very well built, and have a great cut quality. The Kawasaki engines are smooth quiet operator, with awsome power. The engines on all of my equipment is Kawasaki except for the tractors, and I wouldn't have anything else. Good luck.