1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walkbehind sulky's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DiMassa33, Aug 19, 2006.

1. DiMassa33

DiMassa33 LawnSite Member

Im new to the walk-behind mowers and was planning on getting one with a sulky, but was just wondering how easy it is to use with a sulky, and if they get in the way at all?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Very simle to use. One-wheel type back easier than the two-wheel ones IMO.
  3. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

The Sulky is very easy to use. And works very well when mowing long sections. Not as healthy as walking, but you will feel the difference at the end of a long day.
  4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

if it's a hydro then get a fixed sulky like lesco's or a bull rider if belt than a velky or jungle wheeels will work.
  5. 2nd Chance

2nd Chance LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Trimmer trap used to sell one ,looked good to me but to be honest i have never been on a sulky. looks like turning sharp or worse yet would be a pain but what do i know ? nothing .
  6. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

They are very easy to use. backing up takes some practice though. The single wheel ones work better in tight spots but the dual wheeled (jungle wheels) have much more room to move your feet,the single wheel ones are pretty tight on foot room. Ive owned both and now use the jungle wheels.