walkbehind w ultravac?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by scottishmaximus, Jan 21, 2003.

1. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

this year was really tough on leaves and i was not able to mulch all of my properties. the leaves were just too thick and came down too soon. so i would like to be able to bag the leaves with my walkbehinds. i really don't like to use the bags that hang off the side of the mowers due to the bulkiness and small capacity (i know about the extenders but pricy for what it is). i have seen trac vacs model 470 that will mount on the decks of the mowers and am considering them. i do not like the fact that i would have to maintain and hear another engine as well as take it off to get through gates. so my idea. i could buy a blower for an ultravac and make a collector like trac vacs on the deck. the power would come from the deck and the vac should mount on the walkbehind because it's the same deck as the z riders. am i correct on this. are there any other reasons why this will not work?

i think this would be something for exmark to consider.

dealer told me $583 for exmark blower and ~$1500 for trac vac.

i have tthp 48 w 17 kawi and 2 36" metros w 12.5 hp koh and kawi

sorry for the length thanks for any help

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey scottishmaximus,

For the record, I have to tell you that Exmark cannot recommend any changes to the existing design of our products. They haven't been tested this way, and any modification to the existing design will void the warranty and may be dangerous to you or others.

If you want to discuss this off the record, e-mail me your contact information at dustin.schwab@exmark.com, and we can talk.

Here to help,

Dustin