Walkbehind with sulky Or Wright Stander?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by South Florida Lawns, May 30, 2005.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Need a 32'' mower for triming, The wrights cought my eye and i like the setup. Im just wondering the pros cons of both. I Use a 44 toro z master for everything but gated backyards.

2. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Get the stander if you can justify the price difference. I'd love to have one.

3. South Florida Lawns

from usa

But I won't jump on it till i demo one.

4. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

Have you priced a stander? I think you could buy two WB's for the price of one stander. I could be wrong but when I priced the stander I went another way. I do what I can afford.

5. SidelinePropMgr

SidelinePropMgr LawnSite Member

Had a 36" gravely wak befind with a sulky. bought a 36" Stander and never looked back. had not had the walk behind out of the garage this summer. If you can afford it, the stander is the way to go.

6. South Florida Lawns

from usa

Would it be that much more than a 36'' 17hp kawi hydro viking with a sulky? That is probably the wb i would look at as well, Im done with belts so the metro is out of the picture.

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

You can get a 32" or 36" stander for $4200 to $4500. Which is just a little more for a fix deck hydro walk behind.

The stander is going to be much faster that the walk behind with a sulky on tiny back yards.

8. Watkinslawnservice

Watkinslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

My vote is for the stander. You won't be sorry. And like Itsgottobegreen said, They are not that much more than a hydro WB.

9. GMC Driver

GMC Driver LawnSite Member

I vote stander - we got a Great Dane last year and it is great!

10. South Florida Lawns

from usa

so that is a plus right there, they also carry exmark so i will demo both soon
    Just wondering about top speed? Im sure the 32" stander is faster than a 15hp 36" viking right?