1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

walkbehind wont start

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by i cut with ferris, Oct 30, 2011.

1. i cut with ferris

i cut with ferris LawnSite Member

ok how do i check valve clearance? also when the fly wheel was off i noticed one the magnets was broken. should i replace that one or use it as is?
  2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Rotate to TDC both valves closes. Check clearence with feeler guage between valve stem tip and rocker arm. Look up what clearence exactly. Kind of strange that you fixed the sheared key and its still backfiring. How much magnet is missing and from where. If its the leading edge that first contacts the coil then it would affect the timing.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. i cut with ferris

i cut with ferris LawnSite Member

not sure how to get to the rocker arms is not a ohv. its a fb 460 v. the magnet is under the fly wheel its for the eletric clutch. i just switched the fly wheel over to this motor a couple of weeks ago. the motor was on a old exmark that didn't have a eletric clutch. so i swap the parts for a old kawi to this one and it worked fine until last week.