1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobo316, Feb 28, 2012.

1. bobo316

bobo316 LawnSite Member

can anyone tell me what brand of walkbehind will do the best on steep hillsides?
  2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Two cycle lawnboy push mower.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

Go and get one of those.
    They are the best on hills.
  4. edensgate7

edensgate7 LawnSite Member

that's about right orangemower:)
  5. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

any self propeled/ hydro walk behind. Are you talking 21"er or a 36/48" ???
  6. bobo316

bobo316 LawnSite Member

i was looking at 36",but not sure.there are alot of places i could use a 36". the banks are not long but steep. dont know now ,the property i was gonna get,the manager said she was afraid to tell the guy thats mowing it that she didnt want his service.so that got shot in the dark for now.but i still need one anyway.thanks
  7. BestImpressions99

BestImpressions99 LawnSite Senior Member

That's a really really REALLY generic statement. You need to be a little more specific. You could be dealing with Rocky Mountain hills, East TN hills, etc. Also the 21" mower would be the safest but...

I'm in TN, for our hills 48". Try to get your local dealer to let you demo some. Try to stick with Toro, SCAG or Exmark. JD only if absolutely no other choice.
  8. bobo316

bobo316 LawnSite Member

eastern kentucky
  9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a 52" scag hydro that sticks to some crazy hills I have to mow in NH. Turf master tires.
  10. BestImpressions99

BestImpressions99 LawnSite Senior Member

I'll stick with what I told you. 48 has enough weight to it. If you deal with places like Harlan and Corbin, etc. then you really should consider getting both the 48 and 21 in push. No joke.