walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chuckers, May 27, 2004.

1. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

what would you say the best walkbehind 36" is ;) im really confused i like my scag but its getting tired... hydro or belt

2. competitiveimageland

competitiveimageland LawnSite Member

how serious are you into mowing ask yourself that if you are out there in all weather go with the hydro itll save ya some head aches , it doesnt have to be raining for those belts to slips

3. chuckers

i have been mowing for about 5 years now but i baught a 36 inch scag that is 9 years old and it is on its way out i was just wondering what is the best buy out there i need to replace

4. competitiveimageland

competitiveimageland LawnSite Member

well im all for the scag and bobcat but there are so many companies out there , alot of people will say whats you favorite color and go from there hehe . i know that toro has a different handle design so if your tired of cramping hands check it out
    but i got on awsome deal on my 48 bobcat bought it when it was one month old with 5 hours on it for 1800 the guy gave me the sales slip from a month earlier which was 3400 i laughed all the way home

5. Stripe This

Stripe This LawnSite Member

Hydro...no question. It'll be more productive and you won't be as tired at the end of the day. If it has to be a walkbehind, my buddy runs two Exmark Vikings and loves them. Those are both 48" and a fixed deck. You can get it in a 36"

6. chuckers

i have 3 ztr i just need a 36 inch wb to get in a few gates