walkbehinds.... toro or xmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sparcolawn, Aug 25, 2005.

1. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

ok guys, i know exmark and toro are the same company, but when it comes to being out there with the blades spinning, whats better, flat out?......52 inch by the way

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I am sure there may be a few exmark owners who will say it is better but flat out, what do you think?

Exmark is cheaper, so if that's better to you then exmark is better.

Otherwise, I use only Toro and by the way, the 52" is a floatdeck weighing 500lbs and does NOT fit through ANY 4-foot gates. The 48" is only 8 percent less deck but it's a fixed deck machine meaning it is lighter (and thus faster) weighing only 300 pounds AND will fit through MOST 4-foot gates. Besides that, the fixed deck comes with a 5-speed transmission while ALL floaters have the 4-speed, and guess which gear is the fastest :) Although BOTH are rated at 6+mph, there is NO way a 500-lb. whale in 4th gear is going to keep up with a 300-lb. Formula in 5th, my 48" outruns 52"s all day long, despite the fact I *MIGHT* have to make one extra pass.
    Last but not least, once you've had to PUSH a dead wb around you may feel like I do that lighter IS better, especially when pushing it UP the trailer ramp.