Walkbehinds

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by matt1487, Jan 21, 2008.

1. matt1487

matt1487 LawnSite Member

I am going to be upgrading to a new walk behind from my old 21 inch. I have heard a lot of good things about the quick 36. I am worried about maintnance and repairs. I am semi handi, i can change the oil and small things like that. Will my local dealers be able to service and repair it? Are there any other mowers in their price range you would recommend instead? Thank you

2. BMurray

BMurray LawnSite Member

I am wondering the same thing

3. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys and service.....There is nothing that any qualified repair shop cannot fix on a Quick ...if ...you need a Quick specific part ..you can get it in 24 to 48 hours...but the Briggs and Kaw. engines are universial ..Its an AMERICAN built machine at a great price ..backed up by a great company that stands behind its products COMPLETELY !! I would say if you can change the oil ..you can fix 90% of whatever would happen to a Quick machine yourself and save a ton of money ..IMHO

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The same could be said about almost any brand of mowers:hammerhead:

5. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that working on the hydraulics is something of a specialty that will require trained repair personnel.

6. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Hopefully you have a better dealer then I do. If I didn't purchase the mower or snow blower from them, I get put on the home owners waiting list. 2-3 weeks..

If I did purchase the mower from them 2-3 days. This attitude cost them a $4000 sale last year... I'm not loyal to dealers at least that one.

7. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Most dealers with qualified service techs will work on most equipment whether they sell it or not. Something to consider though is that Quick 36 mower are not sold through dealers and there is no dealer support at least that I'm aware of. Most dealers will work on them but will be placed behind just about everyone else while they work on there regular customers mowers. Think about this, most dealers carry major brands like Toro, Exmark, Scag, Deer, Cub, Husqvarna and so on, so their all familiar with them and stock the most commonly used parts for them. With the Quick brand your just out of luck. I have never used one and don't plan on ever getting one but when one of my mowers go down I want it back in service ASAP and thats not going to happen with the Quick 36.

Now if your handy and like everyone say's their easy to fix by all means go get one and hope that when it does break down you can fix it.