walkbehined director

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Mar 11, 2003.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

RICKSZ28'S

14 walk director resized.jpg

2. John Gamba

from ct

Opened

22 director resized.jpg

3. John Gamba

from ct

One More!!

24 director resized.jpg

4. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

where did you purchase and how much?

5. John Gamba

from ct

Hi Mac
    I Do Not Have One. Rick Emailed Me EARLY Pics Of His New Director. You can Email Him At ricksz28@adelphia.net

John.

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

No disrespect but that looks awful cobbled up to me. Too much linkage. How about a nice clean one that looks like it belongs on the mower with no fancy linkages to catch on trees, jam up or whatever. Control right at your fintertips and painted to match the mower.

Ahhh.... much better! :angel:

I'm going to be welding up an even better one using all 3/16" welded plate steel. Should be practically bullet proof. What is that one 1/8" or what?

ocdc_scag.jpg

7. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Huh? :confused:

I'd say yours looks more cobbled than the professional looking one in Gamba's pics. Not to mention the other looks more durable than your little wire.

8. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

That one is black (mower is red in case you didn't notice) and has rods sticking out all over. Mine's painted to match the mower and has no rods all over it. It's not "cobbled up" either. It was made specifically for this mower not adapted from something else like that one. The cable does very well and I would prefer it anyday over those rods.

9. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Also from what I can see you need to drill at least 4 holes for that one. Mine only needs one 1/4" hole. The rest uses the existing flap mounting points. It will be indestructable when I'm done.

10. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Another thing, that one has braces or whatever sticking out an inch or more from the flap so you can't even use it as a trim side. Mine's flush with nothing to catch on it. You can get just as close with the right side as the left side so it has dual side trimming capability and will not catch on anything and get ripped off.