walkbeind attachments?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by PaulJ, Sep 8, 2003.

1. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

NOw that you have a great machine in the super walkbehinds wiht plenty of power. Are you planning any different attachments for it?

Some suggestions

Bush hog deck like on the hustler hog
    snow plow or blower
    aerator
    renovator/seeder

This might make a good drive unit like the old gravely wlking tractors.

Just some late night brainstorming.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not aware of any on the way.
    I will forward this message to the right people, and see what they have to say.

Later
    Pj

3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Great minds think alike. I've been on Hustlers case to do that for some time. FWIW, as I said, as soon as the fall comes, I'll put on my Selbro blower, and let you see what a 23 horse self propelled leaf blower should look like. (G)

4. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

We're working on a design for a snowplow. If we ever get it done I'll post some pictures.

5. PaulJ

I just got a new catalog from country home products about their DR brush mower (I got on their mailing list a few years ago). The concept of this machine is great.

One machine with different working attachments.
    -power units from 7 to 17 hp
    -brush mower-22" to 30"
    -lawn mower - 42" wide cut
    -slow blade -42" wide
    -snow blower -30" wide
    -bladeless sting cutting head -for rocky areas

The big draw back of the DR is that it uses a differential drive not independent hydros like the ones we like. I am sure that the differential is cheaper and easier to build and maybe even to learn for the average homeowner but would rather not give up the performance of the dual hydro. So get working on this Hustler. :)

I am sure there are other attachment possibilities like power brooms and Walker's power driven aerator.
    just some more brainstorming

6. PaulJ

I've got my super walk-behind now . Any rumors about attachments floating around at the factory? I need a sprayer, fertilizer spreader, and aerator next.

I did have an idea of towing an aerator attached to the bullrider mount. Any thoughts on this?

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Currently there are no attachment options available from Hustler.
    I would look into JRCO attachments to fit your needs in this department.

Pj

8. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

So maybe Hustler might want to look into offering attachments????????? They've got the power end.........

9. PaulJ

I am familiar with Jrco attachments but I am interested in something more. Items that can take advantage of the power. like I said in the first post

A hustler Hog deck
    Snow blower or plow
    A real core aerator
    Or renovator seeder.

Pete I like the blower idea.

That's what I was thinking something that does in place of the deck, not just in front of it.

10. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Paul,

the Gator Rator will mount to the front of your wb and work since your is E/S