Walke Mower Help!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by tflo92, May 27, 2013.

1. tflo92

tflo92 LawnSite Member

I have a 98 20hp walker MTSD. Went to start it this morning and the beep and lights came on but when I turn the key to start it nothing happens. I have checked all the safety switches I can think of and still nothing. Also I switched out the ignition with one of my other walkers and same problem. So it is not the ignition switch and the starter gave a spark when I was messing with it.
    Any ideas on what could be the problem, maybe there is a safety switch that I am missing??

Thanks!

2. trock

trock LawnSite Senior Member

Did somebody turn the blades on and leave them on??

3. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Or bumped the travel lever out of neutral????

4. tflo92

tflo92 LawnSite Member

No those were my first two checks. Ended up being the resistor for the starter.

5. Curtis

Curtis LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

6. Curtis

Curtis LawnSite Member

I've had the plunger stick in on the blade engagement switch, had to pull it out with some needlenose pliers
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. neoplix

neoplix LawnSite Member

hello I have a 1998 walker mtghs 48 in cut and a 25hp kohler command engine.
    I just put a new ignition switch in 2 weeks ago it was running perfect yesterday.
    tried to turn it on this morning and key turns but doesn't even turn over.
    I have power when I turn key my oil alarm comes on as usual and turn key and nothing please help...thank you.

8. trock

trock LawnSite Senior Member

Are the blades engaged?
    Is the drive lever engaged?

9. neoplix

neoplix LawnSite Member

I checked both and no not engaged I tried jumping the starter out the solenoid is engaging but not turning over engine. do you think starter is bad?