Walker 11 HP Kaw

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jcoat, Jul 17, 2000.

1. jcoat

jcoat LawnSite Member

Gentlemen,<br> Firstly, I did the search thing and found a conversion, but no specifics on Walker 11 hp Kaw performance. Here's the question:<br> My question regards the 11 HP Kawasaki Walker. Who has one and how's the performance? I ask because I looked @ one Friday and was impressed with the build and cost compared to the higher-end machines.<br> I'm a one man shop and want to do my research before plopping down the cash ($6,250 w/ 42&quot;) for such a cost.<br> Also, I do &lt;25 residentials, &lt;3 commercials and will opt for the higher end models in the future.<br> You're probably reading this and thinking overkill on the equipment, but I work 40+ @ day job and do lawn maintenance on the side. I want something that makes it easy for the cleanups and will leave lawns like ELM's.
  2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I would not go with the 11hp Walker as it is not a commercial piece of equipment. Minimum to start with is a 20hp. <br>The 20's and up have the ability to add a speed up kit, which will get you moving at about 7 mph. The 20's also have more torgue which is needed for mowing in heavier conditions. The bigger engines are also need edif you get into leaf clean and dethatchings.<br>I would suggest trying a bigger unit first, contact a Walker dealer to see if you can try a 20 hp for a day. I just sold a 25 hp for about the same that you are paying for this 11. Good Luck.
  3. jcoat

jcoat LawnSite Member

MOW ED, thanks for the post. I was thinking along the same lines... getting prices on the 20's now.
  4. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

The 26hp efi is also a good unit.<p>Karl<br>
  5. walkerrider

walkerrider LawnSite Member

Would agree w/ the above. I would not go below 20HP. If you ever have to sell it you'll be glad you spent the extra. It will make your unit more desireable. I have the 25 w/ the 48 deck and its great. I could see the 20 but nothing smaller even if your doing part time work. I would be asking mow ed about the details on that 20hp he sold. It would give you an idea of resale valave of a unit after some # of hours.
  6. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

jcoats - if you want to mow like eric, check out those DC. I've herad only good about those and walkers though, so I guess you'll have to narrow it down using your own criteria, but I'd definetly get a much larger engine that the 11 HP<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti
  7. jcoat

jcoat LawnSite Member

Thanks a lot for the information guys. It appears the twenty's in my sights now. I'll just have to add more customers to help with my equipment costs...