1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Walker 26 EFI in shop again!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tomt, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

Any of you have a new, 2-3 months old, EFI Walker and having EFI problems?
    Just took mine in for the second time in 30 days. Check engine light comes on and engine starts running rich. I am told now that it is a electrical ground problem.???

Any of you had this problem and had it fixed?

Mower can't make much money in the $hop.

2. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is 3 months old..........no problems. Let me know what the problem was when it is fixed,ok?

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Bad to hear.

I have a 2000 model and they only had one issue. The screen befroe the fuel pump was too fine and it burned the pump out. Design problem from Bosch. Full warranty replace and I have not had one problem in more than 800 hours.

I am looking forward to seeing the 28's do as well in other mowers. I think Walker is also selling the new 29 l/c model. I am not sure if thats EFI or not.

4. Huften Lawn Care

Huften Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from CT

I have the same damn problem. It has been in the shop 5 times. The first time they welded the muffler thinking it was interfering with the o2 sensor. Didn't work! Next, they changed the ignition switch. Didn't work. Next, they thought it was a grounding problem. Didn't work! I guess Walker, Kohler and Bosch are all pulling their hair out over this one. But what about us! This machine works great but enough already. I must say my dealor has been very accomadatig though.

5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem with a new machine. Hopefully they will get the problem resolved quickly and either you have a loaner or a backup mower while your new one is in the shop. Please let us know what the final fix is.

Gravely_Man

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Not a Walker, but my Lazer is having problems with the 26 EFI. MIL does not come on, but it goes through periods of rough, rich and underpowered conditions. Some times it seems to run great and some times it doesn't.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I Thought Yours was fixed?

8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

OT but related. We don't sell the Walker efi at the shop I work at, matter of fact we don't sell ANY available efi engines on any of the mowers brands we sell. Too many potential problems just like automobiles. On the flip side, not many people will be able to diagnose/work on them, just like automobiles. Oh yeah, be sure to disconnect your battery before working on them. Also, speaking from a general perspective, a "weak" ground is responsible for more problems than it gets credit for.

9. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I bought my 26EFI Walker last fall. I have not had a singly problem with it.

I would'nt worry about it though even if I did as my local Walker dealer always has at least 1 new 26 EFI in stock. If mine broke while still less than 1 year old, I'd surely get to use a new one as a loaner while mine was getting repaired.

10. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I thought it was too :eek: Then the problem returned a couple weeks back.

I have been talking with another lawnsite member who has been having problems with his 28. His troubles seem similar to mine. I am waiting to see where they go with his for a fix. I am pretty sure the dealer I bought from would be completely in the dark as they pretty much told me that when I bought it.