1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walker 26 efi vs. 31 hp.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newhort, Feb 16, 2006.

1. newhort

newhort LawnSite Member

Anybody tested the new 31 hp.. I got a price on a new 26 efi $ 10900.00 and a 31 hp. is $ 12200.00 . Any info on fuel use on either engine. Also the blower is bigger. How much? What are some prices on new walkers in your areas.
  2. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Walker came out with a larger blower for their collection mowers. I forget the dimensions. Anyway, my dealer is offering this larger blower for $500 installed. The owner said he is negotiable because he feels Walker should make this standard on their mowers. As far as pricing goes, for the MTGHS 26HP / 48" ghs deck (wide drive tires, and 9.5 cap. catcher) my dealer wants $10655. The same unit with a 31HP is $11535. The prices are 2005 though I don't know if they raised them for 2006 (there not clearance prices either). The dealer is Emmett equipment and he is in Northern Ohio. He is the Distributor for a few surrounding states.
  3. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Knoxville Doesnt have a Walker Dealer...Where is the Dealer you are going to use?
  4. newhort

newhort LawnSite Member

This price is through Mayo's. Claxton is thinking about becoming a dealer again. If your interested Tom from GHS is going to demo a 31 hp tommorow at 2:00 at the store in Seq. Hills. I found a dealer in S.C. about a 1 hr. south of Ashville that has some ok pricing. If you need parts Vic at mayos can order it just helps to have part #. I always just call Walker.
  5. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

How much larger is this blower? And how is it actually going to help anymore then the original one? And can you install this on like a 02 an 04 26hp ghs machines?
  6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

There is a dealer in Asheville (NC) too if that is the town you are talking about (?)

Dunno how the pricing might compare.
  7. newhort

newhort LawnSite Member

I demoed the 31 today. The blower is a half inch larger all the way around. But is still goes into the hopper at the same size. The new models are able to replace the blower with out changing the entire box. The mower ran great and is water cooled. Has a aluminum block, and weighs around 1000 #. The engine has a 3 year warranty. Price is $ 12000.00. The 26 efi is $ 10600.00. Both mowers have up graded seats and single tail wheel. I think you would have to buy a whole new blower housing, but I don't know is it would fit. The fuel use is around a gallon a hour. The same as a 26 efi air cooled. The rep. said it was basicly the same engine as the 26 but that the liquid cooled bumped the hp.
  8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, basically what it amounts to is that with liquid cooling they can get a whole lot more aggressive about extracting more power out of the same size engine without killing reliability as easily.