walker 26 efi wont start!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Jusmowin, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Several years ago we were asked by Kohler to be Florida's BETA site for their EFI (Bosch) software. The overall performance and reliability of EFI engines is very impressive and everyone should seriously consider the system when purchasing larger mowers. A lot of people talk it down because they don't understand it but they don't understand the EFI on their vehicles either.

Exmark's 2013 RED TECHNOLOGY Kohler EFI engines don't have a throttle, just a 3 position switch plus an electronic governor. The RED TECHNOLOGY, combined with the E governor allows up to a 40% fuel savings plus the clutch will last much longer. The ECU engages the clutch @ 2750 rpms and disengages @ 2500. The E governor will also work with carbureted engines.

Oldtimer

2. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Not only will you save all that money on fuel...but you wont ever have to replace the throttle cable..
    Thats probably gonna gonna narrow your repair options on the day that it needs repair..
    Guessing aint good enough any more....

3. teckjohn

teckjohn LawnSite Senior Member

See if they can test the module if you bring it to them and pay the diag fee then change it yourself or see if they will install for the diag fee?? Doesnt hurt to ask?

4. Oldtimer

If you are actually serious about repairing the mower take it to a dealer get it diagnosed.

Would you take the ECU out of your vehicle and take it to a dealer?

Oldtimer

5. teckjohn

teckjohn LawnSite Senior Member

I did not say ... take module off and go see em they couldnt install like i said if he only took the module????

6. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Anyone knows the status on this mower.:waving:

7. Oldtimer

Nothing is going to happen until he takes the mower to a dealer for a check out.

Oldtimer

8. Landrus2

How is that walker coming along :waving:

9. Mike's Lawn Care

Mike's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I second that...... I wasted a lot of time checking other things..... All I needed to do was clean all thoughts wonderful connections

10. Landrus2

You can clean all you want will do you no good if you have bad ECU:waving: