Walker 26 HP GHS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bull, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

My dealer started carrying Walkers about two weeks ago and man do I love the looks of the 26hp EFI with the GHS system. $11,300.00 out the door. I would really like to know how it looks when you leave the back door in the raised position? He said that the chute moves back and forth in the hopper which helps disperse the grass pretty well out the back.

2. bigdaddyspags

bigdaddyspags LawnSite Member

It leaves a "S" trail of clippings on the lawn. Nevermind the chance of chucking a rock or something. I would buy the deflector plate if you were going to try that route.

3. 3sons

3sons LawnSite Member

Sounds like a nice setup. How much can that thing cut per hour?

4. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Well I am not real sure about the rate per hour but with a speed up kit you are supposed to get about 7mph out of them. I guess when you really consider how fast you mow with a normal mid mount ztr on a residential yard that is probably not to big of a difference. If you start comparing it to being out on a commercial property you may feel like you are going a bit slower. Remember though to use the grass handling system you can only use a 48" deck. If you opt to side discharge you can go all the way up to a 74".

5. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I tried that, instead, I got the 52 side discharge deck, and really rarely ever used the bagging deck again. With that or even a larger deck, you have become a Z, but the balance is much better, and you have a lower center of gravity which is important for me in western NC. You are not going to go as fast ground speed, but you are going to mow as fast, because you gotta slow a Z down to actually mow. Then new Walkers are not out yet, I might warn you. They are going to go faster (by 2 mph), and will have a 31 liquid cooled on them. They will be available this summer.

6. TerraVenture

TerraVenture LawnSite Member

where did you hear about the 31hp liquid cooled? Can you post the info?

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Can you get a Blade speed??? And if they went with a bigger blower and a DEEPER DECK!!!!!?????????

Thank's john

8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

John,
    Just curious, why do you think the Walker needs a deeper deck? :)

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I would not buy a Walker if you are just going to blow the grass out the back. My first year owning my Walker I blew out the back and in the spring time it would leave clippings laying on the top. I would definetely advise using the "no catch deflector" if you go this route. After the first year of doing this, I decided to buy a 52" SD deck. I collect in the spring and fall for cleanups and discharge during the regular mowing season.

10. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

It is not gonna be posted or "talked" about until this summer. I only found out about it because I was mad that their new home owner model went 8 mph. I got a great explanation from Walker, and was told of the new model they have , but are not releasing until this summer.