Walker 26EFI Owners WARNING!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, Aug 29, 2001.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I am currently going thru some problems that are being discussed on the mechanical forum but I will post here for all owners of the Walker 26EFI.

I had a problem with a fuse blowing and killing the motor and to make a long story short go and read the other forum.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=19154

Walker is now in the process of telling owners not to let the fuel tank get too low. Not even once. It can burn the fuel pump out. There is 3 instances of this that my dealer is aware of so far.
    I don't know if it is a bad batch or if there is something to it but mine went and it has been down for 7 days as of tonight Weds.

By no means do I let my fuel tank run dry and I had at least 2 to 3 inches down there. Either way they said that was the reason.
    It will be covered by Kohler (fully), the mower is a 2000 model and only had 381 hours on it.

The dealer is really good about it but I am less than impressed with Kohler, even though they are covering it as you can tell from the other thread. BTW there is no mention of special procedures for fuel height in the Kohler manual for the 26 EFI.

So KEEP YOUR TANK FULL and avoid the crap I am going thru.

GOOD LUCK!

2. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have had my Walker with the 26EFI since December. Walker has not sent me anything on this, nor has my dealer mentioned it.

Guess I'll make a stop at dealers tomorrow.

Jim

3. Butchs Lawn

Butchs Lawn LawnSite Member

inserting post have walker just like yours have ran fuel dry twice.this season who knows how often it been below 2inchs.no promblems so far.have not recived any notice so far.sure not a just bad fuel pump from factory?

4. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

I have not received any bulletins from my distributor or from Walker concerning 26hp EFI's

I called my distributor today and asked if he's heard of any problems or come across any problems with running them low on fuel. He said he has not had nor heard of such problems.

You must have had a "monday made" fuel pump.

Dave

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Update 8-31.

Kohler does not have any fuel pumps for the EFI in the states. The earliest one might be to my dealer is Saturday but more like Tuesday.

On another note, the 2000 EFI and 2001 EFI are different systems. More watertight I guess.

I figured that Kohler would be a little more responsible and stock parts for motors they make. Once again I will be using a demo Skag bagger from my dealer who has been very good thru all of this.