Walker 42" Mulch Deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fareway Lawncare, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I need any & all feedback on experiences/likes/dislikes on Walker 42" mulch deck....

Everyone here uses GHS & dealer won't order one for me to demo so....

How well do they mulch thick turf...if you can compare it to another unit all the Better....

Thanks to Mowingman for his feedback on this deck allready !
  2. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

I have one I bought used about 2 years ago. I haven't used it this year because I bought an Exmark Lazer HP and it is so much faster.
    About the deck; I have no complaints, I mainly cut St. Augustine and centipede.
    The cut is about equal to or better than my lazer with a mulching deck.
    I have one customer that I have to pick up the clippings so I am using the GHS 42" deck.
    My walker has the 26 EFI and I never had a bogging problem with the double blades.
    Hope this helps. If you have any specific questions, please ask. It may be a few day before I can reply, still recovering from Ivan.
  3. 4evergreen

4evergreen LawnSite Member

I have a 42" ghs deck and a 42" mulch deck. The mulch deck is fine if you are mowing the property every week. Every 2 weeks, expect to raise the deck or mulch it twice. If I had it to do over again I would purchase the 52 in combo deck, It is deeper than the 42 therefore has more air flow and of course you can side discharge as well. For the life of me I don't know why Walker does not redesign the 42" mulch deck.
  4. grillonz

grillonz LawnSite Member

Here in New Zealand we get a totally differant 42" mulch deck. Can discharge & mulch. I think its a modified sid discharge deck with differant blades & baffles.
    Happy mowing
  5. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

ok for mulching raise deck 1 hole hieght and if catching in wet long do opposite raise rear one notch.