Walker All seasons hi lift questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tomo, Mar 1, 2007.

1. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

Hello , ? how reliable are the first generation highlifts 4 the walkers .The type with the electric ram only [later units r electric /hydraulic ].

2,do the frames crack??????? ,[the later units have a different frame]

3, r the electric rams weak and fail often ????

3a"""" most importantly"""" what brand is the electric ram ,it should be written /stamped in the ram case. Search 4 a source 4 spares that do not cost your house .
    Local dealer wants 1600 aus :dizzy: :hammerhead: [typical walker oz can be up to 10 -- 15 times the price any way thats another very long story]:laugh:

4,how slow are they eg 2-3 mins to raise and lower

5 ,Are All Seasons out of business closed ,unable to contact them on a ph number i had .

2. tomo

hello, is there anyone out there ??? Surely there r a huge amount of the all seasons lifts being used ?

tomo

3. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I dont have any idea about the all season i know walkers takes something like 20 seconds up and down

4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i think it's the power dump that is 20 seconds, the high lift completes it's cycle in about 90 seconds if i remember correctly. not sure what components they use, but to my knowledge it's a factory item, not a dealer add on. i could be wrong though.

5. pclawncare

Really i didnt know it really took that long for it to go up and down guess i dont care cuz i aint doin nothing but sittin on my @ss i usualy drive away and hold the switch im sure thats not good but o well i cant slow down for it

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Used to have a lot of those around town here. The cycle time on them is not that bad, like 20 - 30 sec or so from down to up to back down again. I know the electric units were problematic. I'd assume that they use "standard" size parts and the motors ect. could be found elsewhere.

Catcher sits 3" higher, but the all seasons lift can go under both the 7.0 and 9.5 box. It was a dealer installed option and LITERALLY takes 8 hours for someone who has done a few to install the unit. Never seen one being installed, but I have heard the same story from 3 people on the install time.

7. pclawncare

Ya i dont know how much higher the walker hi dump makes the hopper sit but its not much as my dealer had one sitting next to a stock on it cant be more then an inch or 2 can you still get the all seasons lift? my dealer said that they quit building them because of safty issues

8. tomo

hello, guenuine walker lift makes the catcher sit lower but it does not lift as high as the all seasons.

Still need info on the electric ram please.

tomo:waving:

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry, the new Walker made "Hi Dump" raises the height of the box 3" in the down positon, same as the old All Seasons lift did. Iv'e looked at them and asked that question myself. I too was hoping that it didn't raise the box too much. 3" dosn't sound like much, but if you see one with the lift under it, it's a dramatic difference. If you are mowing and come to soemthing that you would have to lean or duck to get under STOP, because that box is almost head high behind you... Of course this is what I was TOLD, and we all know how much some of the dealers and factory reps know sometimes... I too was very dissappointed with the ultimate lift height. Basically you can't dump into anything higher than a standard pickup bed. A p/u bed will only hold 3 or maybe 4 dumps. What a waste IMO.

10. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

ok, i was indeed wrong on the hi dump info. it is 20 seconds total cycle and can be added by a dealer if not factory ordered. here is the direct page from walker on it.

http://www.walkermowers.com/options-fi.html

[​IMG]