1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

walker and lazer prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fordlawn, Nov 2, 2000.

1. fordlawn

fordlawn LawnSite Member

I have just demo'd a 20hp Walker GHS-$9,000 and LazerHP 23hp Kawasaki w/52"deck-$7299. How do these prices compare with what any of you have seen or paid for these machines? Any feedback would be most appreciated

2. toddman35

toddman35 LawnSite Member

3. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I paid $7300 for my Laser HP. I have the 23Kaw, 52 deck. I love it!! I have used walker and I think they suck on hills and they are slow. I also put the ultra vac on and that works great too. I think it was worth every penny and I'm going to get another one next year for the other crew

I don't know if that place ships exmarks, but for the extra $500 buy it at the place you are going to take it for service. Keep your dealer happy and they will keep you happy.
  4. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer gave me a quote fo $9210 for a 2000 Walker 26HP EFI 48" GHS with the deluxe seat.

And I thought he was high. :)

5. DeepDivot

DeepDivot LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

6. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

I got a quote from my dealer on the 52" Exmark HP with the 23HP kawa at $6750 and will purchase one in the spring. Looks like an even better deal after reading these posts
  7. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

i bought my TORO 44 inch Z for $5400 out the door.great machine.
  8. sunrise

sunrise Banned

We payed 6900.00 for a 60 in lazer w/ 23 kolher engine this summer and love it.
    the walker is a high price tag but if the job calls for extra nice cut then the walker is the one,but if you are doing large areas 1 ac or more then I would use something differant.
  9. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We also got our Walker 26EFI 48" GHS loaded, tail lock, cushion seat, light package and speed up lit for under $9300.00 I am thinking about selling our 1998 Walker 20hp with only 240HRS on it with the 48"GHS deck for $7500.00
  10. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

The ultra vac wasn't part of the deal. I picked that up this fall, it cost me $1200 more, but it makes leaves a lot easier. I actually paid $7000 the more I think about it. My dealer has a big show every spring for pros and if you buy an exmark product on spot you get $300 off. Its a nice little promotion. Last spring he sold 15 lasers and 20 walkers that day.