Walker bagging attatchment for a discharge deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walker-talker, Oct 17, 2002.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Has anyone seen something like this of fabricated a bagging attatchment for the 52" side discharge deck? Just wondering it something worked. I might have a couple of lawns on my route that require bagging and was interested if I could put something together.

Thanks
    MATT

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Just put the GHS deck on it.

Isn't putting an aftermarket bag on a Walker deck taking a big step backwards?

Scott

3. musselman

musselman LawnSite Senior Member
    from utah

Trade your current walker in on one with a 48 inch GHS system....keep the 52 inch deck .....make sure you get the big 9.5 hopper and a big enough engine to push it when its full....

4. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

he's got a 26hp ghs 9.5 hopper 48" and a 52" sd deck he bought from me.

i think he means an accelarator type attachment.

5. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

oops....

BTW Matt,

i have a customer that uses an accelerator bagger on his 52" SD for leaves and debris....a few minor adjustments and it'll work...

I sell the aluminium 6.2c accelerator for $425 delivered if ya want one.

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yea, what the captain said. I normally don't bag during the summer, but I have a few bi-weekly's that want it bagged. I currently use my 21" for those properties. It's a real pain in the butt to put on the GHS deck just for a few lawns. I was just thinking if there was an attatchment that would come off and on in literally less than a minute, I might be interested.

Dave, please elaborate on this accelerator....do you have a picture? I was just picturing a bagger of some sort, similar to the grass gobbler. Going to the GIE?

Thanks
    MATT