Walker blower attachment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fshrdan, Nov 26, 2001.

1. fshrdan

fshrdan LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any experience with the blower attachment for the Walker mower? I have a bid pending on a condo complex, heavily wooded and several medium size parking lots. This place has tons of river birch, and down here these trees start to drop leaves in July.

A street blower is a must, but I was wondering how the Walker attachment compares to a Billy Goat. There's some pretty steep terrain, so it sure would be nice to ride instead of push. Just wondering how much air they move.

Daniel

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Walkers debri blower cost is $1,600.00 and requires the impliment hitch which is a added cost of $825.00 so at $2,425.00 buy a 11hp Billy goat or Little Wonder get the JRCO hitch and save big $$$$$$ we own 3 Walkers and run the JRCO blower buggies on 2 of them 1 with a Fraden 8hp and the other with a Billy Goat with ajustable chute. my guess you will spend around $850 for a big HP blower and $300 to $400 for the JRCO blower buggy saving you around $1000.00 that would buy 2 good back pack blowers!

3. fshrdan

fshrdan LawnSite Member

Brian, thanks for the idea. Always looking to save some $$$. So are these JRCO hitches easy to install and remove? Also, my Walker dealer told me that there's a blower attachment available now which does not require an implement hitch, and has a foot-operated directional control. Heard about these at all?

Of course the dealer also told me that this attachment moved the air of three Billy Goats... which I find hard to believe, especially since Walker doesn't have any air volumes and velocities printed in their brochures.

4. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Stay with a JRCO blower buggy and say a Billy Goat ajustable chute blower! Take 1 minute to remove! You can put that $1,000.00 towards towards other Walker impliments like a coulter edger $925.00, Dethatcher $275, Rotory spreader $699.00, Dozer blade $500, boom sprayer $700, power deck lift $789, manual aerator $930, manual broomer $1800 and tons more that go with the $825 implimate hitch included a bucket. If you dont got the tail locks yet get them at $290.00 they are worth it.

5. fshrdan

fshrdan LawnSite Member

Will do. Thanks, Brian

6. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

the Walker blower work great. 13 1/2" Blower, 125 mph velocity, 230° directional control.

also, if you do decide to get any other attachments, ( bristle broom, blade, loader, aerator, etc.) you will already have the quick hitch

i also have used the JRCO with a little Wonder and they work fine

decisions, decisions...........

7. 4000-D

4000-D LawnSite Member
    from midwest

8. fshrdan

fshrdan LawnSite Member

4000-D, looks interesting, along with their other equipment. Since I'm not blowing off any racetracks I think I'll pass. Also the cost is prohibitive. It's nice to know that kind of equipment is out there, though.

9. DAVE13

DAVE13 LawnSite Member

The Buffalo Turbine is worth the cash if you have enough work.