Walker Boom Sprayer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Dawg, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I am looking for some info on the boom sprayer that goes on the front of Walker mower deck. I have looked on the web site and also sent a message in their contact area but have not gotten any response.
    Do you think it will fit with the height adjusters on a 48" deck
    From the factory set up, what is the gallons per k
    Does it have a pressure gauge and pressure adjustment
    If anybody has one I would love some info.

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I wanted to know the GPM figure myself.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

It is about 1.5gal/min and 33 gal tank. I had to jury rig it for just a regular
    deck so don't know about the ones with adjustable deck. It is around $800 kinkd pricey but works pretty darn well. With front mount spray the wheels will track spray so if you are doing properties with two kinds of grass it can give problems. I am real pleased with it ...I use it for spraying RU along long fences so we don't have to trim. I just started spraying our HOA properties for weeds. I have it so it can come on/off by pulling two pins so pretty easy.

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Does it have a pressure regulator and gauge and do you ever have a problem with that much weight and small deck wheels with rutting

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

No gages but it has pressure turn off when you shut off the boom the pump stops running. I never noticed any ruts.....seems like it could be a problem however. It has a wand with 20ft of hoes for spraying trees etc. The pump is a simple shurflo 8000 series that cost about $90.