walker brand mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by caz1, Nov 19, 2004.

1. caz1

caz1 LawnSite Member

can anyone tell me if the walker mowers are good i'm thinking about getting one I see you can get a snow blower attachment for it witch I would be doing in the winter so i would not have to put a plow on my truck to save on the truck

2. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

the walkers are awesome mowers i never used the snow blower, but i did have the plow blade and knobby tires on one of mine it would never get stuck and could push pretty big piles of snow.

3. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

The mowers are the best, IMO, and I have a single stage blower, that works well. I'm thinking of getting a 2 stage blower for my other walker I use for condominium walks.

4. lawncat

lawncat LawnSite Member

The Walker in the snow is a serious piece of equipment! Check out Emmett equipment in Cleveland (www.emmettequipment.com)-they sell tons of these up there!

5. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Walkers are great mowers except for one design flaw. The mufflers are built very clsoe to the ground which allow during leaf season the leaves to forced into the muffler and catch fire.

You ask how i know this?

I had a zoysia yard that went up like a roman candle because of it. The leaves had packed near the muffler and caught fire. I almost lost the house to fire but the FD got there in time.

6. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I love my Walker. Will get another one in the spring.

They've redesigned the muffler mounting system.

7. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

How do you get the walker to the jobsite to do snow? Towing a trailer seems a little "touchy" in the snow. I wouldn't want to tow my enclosed in the snow. Matt

8. dukester

dukester LawnSite Member

I have 2 of them. A 48" and a 42". They will get you more work than spending $600 a month in the paper. I get one yard on the street and will have to give bids for neighbors before we can leave the first one. Walkers do a great job. I have one customer who's wife won't let him smoke in the house. He always puts his butts in the same place in the front yard. Every time we do it I run the mower over the butts and into the hopper they go. With all that said. Here is the drawback. Speed! If you mowing large places, 2 ac or more. You'll be better off with a ztr like exmark, encore, whatever. If your going to use a Walker you can charge more per yard. There is a noticeable difference in the cut. Leaves, Pine straw, sticks are no problem. It is a he!! of a michine. Good Luck

9. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I am interested in a new Walker too. How much are they going for, like a 42" or 48" GHS deck?

10. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

well said dukester, i have a 48 ghs walker and i cant believe it when someone bashes a walker. a walker is right in its element for most residentials. when the property is large , 2 acres or more ,we just put another mower in it and tag team it. people do notice the cut and the clean-up capabilities are second to none. mine is in its second season with 600 hrs and so far has been trouble free.....