Walker brand walk-behind? Worth the money?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lil'MowinMan93, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Lil'MowinMan93

Lil'MowinMan93 LawnSite Member

im looking into buying a walker walkbehind with a 36 inch deck and a retractable sulky from walker. im going to purchase an accelerator bag as well. are they any good and what price can i be expected to pay?

2. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

go to your local dealer, establish a relationship with him, ask to arrange a demo expect to pay 85 to 90% of MSRP, which today is right at about 6 large. Cash always talks--at the RE-POWER shop in Indpls you could walk away with one for 5 large plus tax and well worth it.

3. tpruitt

tpruitt LawnSite Member

i am also very interested in this mower but with the 42 mulching deck. i could not find very much information on the mower. it seems most people go for the rider. I just priced one and they quoted me $5600.00 with the deck included.

4. Lil'MowinMan93

Lil'MowinMan93 LawnSite Member

yea idk its a toss up between this mower and an encore z34 which my dealer quoted me at 3800 so probably 3900 or 4000 out the door plus an accelerator bagger for 350.

5. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Understand hanging a bag on that sd deck will tilt the deck on a Walker. Supposedly you can work around this by pinning under the frame at the Height adjuster on the opposite side. Not sure if it completely resolves the issue or not. I would sure find out before buying . BTW Walker also has a 36" Mulch deck in addition to the 42" . Their new mulch decks are awesome, better than a Exmark mulch Kit in a 36 " TTHP which has a goood reputation for mulching.

6. Self_Paid1

Self_Paid1 LawnSite Member