Walker by Walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dwc, Feb 2, 2007.

1. dwc

dwc LawnSite Senior Member

Is anyone running the Walker by Walker and if so how do you like it and what size deck are you running? I have been considering something around a 32-36" for back yards.
    Does anyone know if accelerator or anywhere makes a bagger that hangs on the side discharge decks?

2. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I got 2 walkers. you will have to settle for 36" because i have never seen a 32" deck for walkers. I love both of mine i have 1 36 and 1 48 they cut great. I know there will be a bunch of people bashing them all over on here so thats their deal. Half of them prob. havent ever run one or long enough to get the hang of them. There is a learning curve because the drive system is a little differnt then most other ztr.

3. dwc

I have a 48 MT20 rider but I am talking about the Walk behind unit they have out now. Or do you have the walk behinds? I thought 36" was the smallest walker goes but I think it would work.

Many like to bash Walker here but they do not understand not just any mower will make bermuda look nice.

4. pclawncare

Thats for sure. No i didnt understand your question i am sorry. I do not have a walk behind unit. I dont know that id like to have one either for another 2 or 3 grand you could have a 18hp rider unit that would be more versitile. And about the bermuda that is for sure best cut i have found

5. pclawncare

I forgot to ask you where you are at in oklahoma

6. Jay74

Jay74 LawnSite Member

Baggers don't work on the Walker Walker because of the spring assisted floating deck. It will hang down with the catcher's weight.

Jason

7. dwc

I am in southwest OK.

Thanks for the info about the bagger!

8. pclawncare

o ok im in the northwest part