walker catcher lift

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike9497, Nov 24, 2002.

1. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i asked my dealer about the lift that i`ve seen on the walker website but they said they have never herd about it.its the one that raises the hopper up in the air almost 10 feet.

2. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

All Seasons Catcher Lift Systems.....$2995....ouch!

[​IMG]

3. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

do they have a website

4. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

in action

[​IMG]

5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

That's a very nice feature, but I just think thats about $2000 to much money for that mechanism.

6. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

alot cheaper then the 13 k for that truck body your looking at Scott plus you have to buy the truck too

7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

scott is looking at the 13K trailer. It is just the trailer, not the body for trucks.

8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Harry,

I am just looking at the trailer with the dump box on it, and yes it is $13K, but at least then you can go to the dump and dump the contents out right on the ground, at the push of a button.

With this catcher lift (@3K) I'd have to buy a dump insert (@$3K) for my truck or get a dump truck (@ $35K). The Dump and Go box holds roughly 8 cubic yards of material, I'm not sure what a dump insert holds but I do know it's nowhere near 8 yards. You can build up the sides of the dump insert with plywood and 2x4's but that's more $$. Either way I'd end up scraping leaves and grass by hand, I've seen these guys at the dump with these dump trucks. Backing up real fast then slamming on the brakes to get the leaves to slide down the dump bed.

The Dump and Go box has a chain on the bottom of the box (like a conveyor belt with teeth) that moves all the debris off the side without tipping the box, so everything is offloaded from the bottom. It's also plastic.....no rust.

I don't know everything but I do know I'd like to demo, or at least see one of these Dump and Go trailers in action before I decide which I'm going to buy.

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

They had one at the GIE, but they didn't have any material to demonstrate with it. They offer a video demonstration, if I am not mistaken. They manufacture those units in Sedjwick Kansas, a small town about 12 miles from me.

MATT

10. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

Green Pastures wrote
    I have been thinking about different systems for leaf removal.

Since I work solo, I think I would like to find a small (one ton?) truck with a dump bed and mount a leaf loader.

That way I could still pull my equipment trailer and have the dump feature. I realize the capacity wouldn't be terribly large, but I could load, go to the dump site, unhook the trailer and dump the leaves.

If you have a Walker, you could go with the small truck and the lift for the Walker maybe?

Just thought for the future, but seems like the most cost effective to me.

The trouble is, you have to buy a second truck or find one with a dump bed that you can use every day.